I can't believe it has been a year since I started Flora Foodie! I am honored to have such wonderful readers, and beyond lucky to have found something that I enjoy so much. Whether I'm cooking, taking pictures, or writing, time flies while I'm blogging.
Thank you all for reading, you are absolutely amazing!
I thought it only appropriate that I highlight some note-worthy recipes from the last year.
Top Recipes from Flora Foodie's first year! Half reader faves (of course I love them too), and half my personal favorites.
1. Hoisin Lettuce Wraps. One of my all time favorites and one of my most viewed recipes. Seems a great fit for number one!
2. How to Make Boba at Home (and Vegan!) My boba post has the most hits of any recipe I've posted!
3. Vegetable Pot Pies. My first recipe that really made its rounds on Pinterest and Tumblr and all those good things . . . and I totally get why. Hello, perfect comfort food :)
4. Sweet 'n' Spicy Coconut Wrap. I make the tempeh from this wrap all. the. time.
5. Simplest Chocolate Croissants. Who doesn't want a 3-ingredient 20-minute recipe to homemade vegan chocolate croissants? Definitely one of the biggest splurges I've posted and soooo worth it.
6. Guacamole Fritters. This guy is rapidly rising in my most-viewed posts list. It's about to beat out some long standing favorites - my lettuce wraps and the spicy coconut wrap are about to give in to my fritters!
7. Coconut Tempeh Nuggets. This just might be my personal favorite. This and my Sweet 'n' Spicy glazed tempeh from my coconut wrap recipe (above) are definitely tied for things I make most often at home. I make these tempeh recipes all the time and put them on salads, in wraps, or on a bowl of rice and veggies at least once or twice a week for myself.
8. Spinach & Artichoke Dip. I've eaten this as a dip, a spread, even a pasta sauce. I just love it. Love.
9. Breakfast Truffles. Don't make me pick just one.
10. Secret-Ingredient Orange Julius Smoothie. Creamy, happy, healthy treat. What more can you ask for in a recipe?
11. Szechuan Green Beans. My favorite vegetable dish.
12. Lemongrass Green Curry Quinoa Salad. This dressing is one of my best creations. Amazing, if I do say so myself :)
Flora Foodie Trends. A little homage to my favorite flavors/ingredients that you'll see all the time on my blog!
1. Soy Chorizo. I want to put soy chorizo in almost everything I make. End of story. I try to exercise some restraint. I try.
2. Coconut. Coconut water, coconut milk, fresh young coconuts, coconut meat, coconut butter, dried coconut, coconut extract, coconut cream. I love it all.
3. Berries. A stealthy favorite. I don't even realize how often I want to add berries to my recipes until I'm reviewing my planned posts for a week and three of them are full of berries. They just keep appearing in my food . . . :)
Been awhile since I've posted a gratuitous cat picture, so I'm going to cover that base today too.
I hope you stick around for another year of Flora Foodie! I know I will! :)